We gather together in spiritual community because we need constant reminders of what matters most in life. In a world of heartbreak and dehumanization, our congregations and communities call us to our better selves. We learn to live with more wisdom, more connection, and more compassion.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Chico (UUFC) gathers for worship each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. We invite you to join us in person or online – see guidelines below. Click here for Upcoming Services information. If you are new to Unitarian Universalism, we invite you to read more about what to expect in our worship services.
In Person Worship
Join us in our beautiful sanctuary at 1289 Filbert Ave. in Chico! As of August 2021, We will abide by the following precautions to prevent spread of the coronavirus and ensure everyone’s safety. These are subject to change, per Butte County Public Health recommendations. Please keep informed by returning to this page or subscribing to the weekly E-news.
- Attendance will be limited to 40 people while we learn our way into reopening.
- Our expectation is that everyone attending will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. However, with an increase in Butte County’s COVID cases and hospitalizations, we are asking that everyone wear a mask, even if vaccinated. This gives us an opportunity to practice our first two principles, the inherent worth and dignity of each person, and justice, equity and compassion in human relations. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable. Masking will maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others.
- If you have a medical condition aggravated by the wearing of a mask, please maintain a safe distance from others and follow all other precautions.
- Everyone attending must sign in to facilitate contact tracing should it be necessary.
- The social hall will be closed (except perhaps the bathrooms).
- After the service, we will occasionally have snacks and drinks outdoors on the patio. We will use paper cups and plates/napkins, but better yet, you can bring your own!
Our new “hybrid” format for worship services is designed for those who wish to continue participating via Zoom. Follow the instructions below or under each of the Upcoming Services descriptions. Please connect to Zoom before 10:30 AM, when the broadcast will begin.
To join by computer or mobile device: go to https://zoom.us/j/2610784089?pwd=RFVPUy9XTGRoaVdwaXQ4TzZoUC9ydz09
and follow the prompts to open zoom and join the meeting. All participants will be muted to allow for the best sound quality for all.
To join by phone: If you don’t have a microphone on your device and/or wish to call in by phone, dial (669) 900-9128 and enter meeting ID 261 078 4089 followed by the # key when prompted. When it asks you for a participant number, just press # again. The password is 1289 followed by the # key. and you will join the meeting. Be sure to mute your phone to prevent background interference.
Activities Following Worship
We encourage all to stay after the service to enjoy conversations with UU members and friends, whether on Zoom or in person on the shaded patio. When we can gather fully in person again, it’s our tradition to hold a potluck lunch immediately following the Service on the first Sunday each month.
While we still gather Sundays at 10:30 am, we change our worship format during the summer months, second Sunday in June through Labor Day weekend. In-person discussion circles in our Sanctuary are facilitated by members and friends of our Fellowship.
When we can gather fully in person, UUFC offers Religious Exploration (RE) opportunities for all ages. RE activities for children and youth, as well as care for infants and toddlers, is offered during part of the worship hour – find out more here. For adults, a discussion group before worship and other opportunities are offered – read more here.